Below is a quick summary of the initiatives announced by PM as of 1.15pm on 23 March.
1. KWSP/Employee Provident Fund
– Reduction in deduction
– Application to withdraw from Account 2 : RM 500/mth for up to 12 months for those who are below 55years old
– To support daily necessities of food and utilities
2. RM500million to MOH from central government to support procurement of ventilators, PPE, lab facilities and other critical essentials
– RM100million to MOH for 2,000 contracted workers mainly nurses to support the
3. RM130million to state governments to help with small business owners, victims and families and also civil servants involved in assisting with the crisis of COVID-19
4. Defer payments for PTPTN loan (education loan) for 3-6months up to 21 September.
5. National Security Council will monitor and decide on 30 March if MCO will be further extended beyond 31 March
Further details of a comprehensive economic package and initiatives will be further announced on 30 March.
List of the Silly thing Malaysian Husband is doing during Movement Control Order MCO, Quarantine Period